Spanish-American War Monument, 1902
Arlington National Cemetery
AboutUnveiled in 1902, the monument was the first to be built in the National Cemetery by a society of women. It stands on a plot of ground given to the NSCDA by the US Government. The commanding site near the mast of the Battleship Maine, is in the section devoted to the dead of the Spanish-American War. A second bronze tablet was dedicated at the monument by the NSCDA on October 11, 1964.