New York, NY 10021
Directions: Located on East 71st Street between Second and Third Avenue.
This house was built for The National Society of Colonial Dames in the State of New York. The architect was Richard Henry Dana, Jr. and it was constructed between 1928 and 1930.
It is a replica of a fine pre-revolutionary home of an affluent citizen, incorporating architectural features from a number of important 18th-century houses. It has its own terrace garden.
The house contains an excellent genealogical library, an especially fine collection of Dutch and English Delft, and furnishings primarily of 18th-century antiques.
The Educational Projects Committee holds extensive school programs for independent and public school children. For more information on the children's programs, please go to: www.nscdny.org.