Mandel Cabin and Post Office, 1880
Whitney Commons Park
320 West Alger
Sheridan, WY 82801
AboutThe Mandel Post Office is a cabin made from the logs that were originally used in 1875 to construct the first structure in what is now Sheridan. Now the city’s oldest building, the sod-covered roof is typical of that time. Known as the Mandel Post Office, it also housed the school and served as a store, residence for four, gathering place for church and social events. At other times it served as a voting place. It is owned and maintained by the Wyoming Society.
OPEN BY APPOINTMENT