Alexander Ramsey House, 1872
AboutThe Victorian mansion was built by Alexander Ramsey, who was appointed governor of the Minnesota Territory 1849-1853 and was elected governor of the state of Minnesota, 1860-1863. The 15-room house of French Second Empire style remained in the Ramsey family for three generations. The house was deeded to the Minnesota Historical Society in 1964. Gov. Ramsey’s daughter and two granddaughters were members of the Minnesota Society that is responsible for the Parlor.
National Register of Historic Places
DirectionsLocated one block south on Walnut Street from West Seventh Street.